If you’re a fan of minestrone soup or even spaghetti, then Italian Meatball Soup is right up your alley. It’s hardy, tomato-y, and has yummy meatballs. What’s not to love?
Meatball soup is a classic not prone to going out of style any time soon. This recipe serves six people and can come together in about 45 minutes with a few time-saving tricks. For one, skip making your own meatballs. You can get tiny-sized meatballs in the frozen food section of your supermarket. Sure, homemade is great but not everyone has that kind of spare time. Also, consider Spaghetti sauce in place of plain tomato sauce for more flavor.
You probably have most of the ingredients you need in your pantry but for the meatballs and pasta. Use smaller noodles for this recipe like Ditalini or Wagon Wheels so when you take a spoonful you get a little of everything in one bite.
Italian-style Meatball Soup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white or red onion finely diced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 can crushed or diced tomatoes (15 oz)
- 1 jar tomato sauce (16 oz)
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 26 oz defrosted meatballs
- ¾ cup pasta
- 1 tbs Fresh parsley (minced)
- Parmesan-Romano powdered cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, cook the vegetables in olive oil. For 5 minutes.
- Add the diced or crushed tomatoes and sauce along with the beef broth and Italian seasoning.
- Add the defrosted meatballs and pasta.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until your pasta is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and powdered cheese, offering salt and pepper at the table.