While red wine sangria is common, the light, fresh, fruity, and bubbly White Sangria is an ideal drink for nearly every occasion. Many people feel it tastes the best when you need refreshment in the hot summer months, thanks to fresh fruit. It goes together in a snap, with easily found ingredients.
You’ll get the best results from your Sangria if you leave out ice cubes for guests rather than putting them in the pitcher, which dilutes the wine. If you have any leftovers be sure to store them in the refrigerator.
The Perfect White Summer Sangria
- 1 750 mL bottle Moscato
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 1 750 mL bottle Procecco
- 1 dozen green seedless grapes (halved)
- 1 peach (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 12 strawberries (halved)
- 1 orange (sliced thin)
- 8 ounce can pineapple chunks (halved)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- Prepare your fruit. Put a few pieces on the side for adorning glasses
- Place the fruit in a tall serving jug or pitcher.
- Add in all the rest of the ingredients except for the Prosecco.
- Stir thoroughly. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide the Sangria fruit among the glasses, leaving some to spare for a second round.
- Fill the glasses ⅔ of the way with the Sangria.
- Top off the glasses with Prosecco.