Do you have a passion for fruity pancakes, crapes, and muffins? Then this Croissant French Toast Deluxe recipe will make for a very happy tummy for you and anyone else at your table. You can make these any time (hey, breakfast for dinner!) but they’re a sweet treat for special occasions like birthdays, Mother’s Day, and Christmas morning.
The preparation for this dish begins the day before. The purpose is to make sure the creamy-vanilla coating is absorbed by the croissants. Don’t worry, they’ll still be flaky, just packed with yumminess. Try not to skimp on quality ingredients for this one. The little extra touch is well worth it.
TIP: You can use flavored cream cheese for this recipe, too. Try honey pecan, strawberry, brown sugar cinnamon, or blueberry.
Croissant French Toast Deluxe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 small day-old crossants
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup fruit jam (match to your stuffing fruit)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar or raw sugar
- 1 cup sliced or smashed fruit
- whipped cream
- real maple syrup
- Put the eggs, cream, vanilla, and bourbon into a mixing bowl
- Blend until slightly bubbly.
- Set aside.
- Mix salt, cream cheese, jam, and sugar.
- Stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Set aside.
- Carefully slice thecroissants and make a slit in each, making sure you don’t poke through to theother side (it will look like a little pocket).
- Layout thin-sliced fruit orspread the fresh fruit inside the croissant on one side.
- Slather the other side withthe cream cheese mixture.
- Place the croissants in abaking dish, fset aside.
- Pour the cream mixtureover top slowly.
- Put the pan in therefrigerator overnight.
- Periodically, drain excesscream and pour it over top of the croissants again.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for about 20 minutesuntil golden brown.
- Top with your choice ofbutter, whipped cream, maple syrup, and even more fruit.