Sweet potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables out there. Besides the fact that they taste great and can be used to make yummy desserts, they can also be eaten as nutritious side dishes like these homemade sweet potato fries with garlic aioli dip. The fries themselves are baked in the oven, making them healthier than their deep-fried counterparts and less messy too. The garlic aioli adds tons of flavor and keeps you coming back for more!
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries with a Delicious Garlic Aioli
- 3 large sweet potatoes (peeled, and sliced into fries)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise (sub yogurt for a healthier alternative)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Slice the sweet potatoes into long strips.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sliced sweet potatoes, olive oil, paprika, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Lay the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. Be sure to flip the sweet potatoes half way through!
- While the sweet potatoes finish cooking, mix all the aioli ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!