Chocolate chip cookies are a beloved classic in the world of baking, cherished for their perfect combination of sweet, chewy, and buttery goodness. These timeless treats feature soft centers, slightly crispy edges, and the delightful surprise of gooey chocolate chips in every bite. Whether enjoyed fresh out of the oven with a glass of cold milk or savored as a comforting snack, chocolate chip cookies never fail to evoke feelings of warmth and nostalgia, making them a universally adored indulgence. Whether you prefer them with a sprinkle of sea salt, a dash of cinnamon, or in their traditional form, these cookies are a simple pleasure that brings joy to people of all ages.
Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer for this step.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next one. Then, mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Mix until the cookie dough comes together. Be careful not to overmix, as this can make the cookies tough.
- Gently fold in the semisweet chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of cookie dough and roll them into balls. Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each one. You may need to bake the cookies in batches.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden but the centers are still soft. Keep a close eye on them as baking times can vary depending on your oven.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, enjoy your homemade chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk!